Visitors

Thursday 20 June 2019

Starless


I have no idea how this text will relate to the image because, as I type, the cursor has taken on a life of its own.
Oh well. What you can see (wherever the hell it is) on this entry is a bit of Brendini juvenilia. Now, it could be argued that my artistic endeavours have not moved on over the passing decades. Indeed, it could well be argued that they have, in fact, degenerated. Well. Don't care! So, nyerr!
This is a watercolour what I did in February 1975. I can be that precise because I writted it on the back. It is called "Starless" and I know that because I also writted that on the back too. I also writted, in a different coloured ink the following legend: Based on a track from the album "Red" by King Crimson. 
Red was released in October 1974. The final track on the B side of the vinyl platter which I had excitedly purchased, was called "Starless". See how it all starts to add up?
King Crimson released their first album, In The Court of the Crimson King, in October 1969 and they are currently on tour supposedly playing fifty gigs in celebration of their fiftieth anniversary (They are actually playing fifty one, but never mind). 
The  reason for the ancient painting being posted here? I'M ONLY GOING TO BLOODY SEE THEM AT THE BLOODY ROYAL ALBERT BLOODY HALL!
It's an early birthday present from the best wife on the planet. I have never seen them live and for the first time in my life I am going to see Robert Fripp perform live and in the flesh and all. I am so excited, I feel like a teenager again!

No comments:

Post a Comment