Visitors

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Hair on a G String

The Cartoonists' Club of Great Britain's weekly caption competition had a theme of Hair this week and the example to your left is pretty much the first thing I thought of. If you have clicked on the link above, you will have seen several variants on the soup/hair interface scenario situation, so to have been awarded twelve points for my entry is very gratifying indeed.
On a hairy theme, this month I am (in the real world) participating in the Movember hirsute pursuit of upper lip follicular madness. I actually appear in this photograph, but even armed with this knowledge I can't make out which one is me. how very self-effacing, eh?
Ordinarily, my face is permanently adorned with face fungus. So, for Movember I shaved my beard off and kept the 'tache with the promise that my upper lip will remain untouched for the rest of the month. This had two consequences. Firstly, I rediscovered the fact that shaving hurts and causes unseemly looking rashes. Secondly, and more importantly, my wife was appalled at the result. Armed with these two facts I asked for, and got, special dispensation to grow the beard back. This was granted with the proviso that the beard may be trimmed, but the moustache must remain untouched by human hand. So, there we are: divorce averted by a hair's breadth.
I just want to give a quick mention to this month's caricature competition. I had intended to enter, but left it too late, but I think you ought to take a peek. I laughed out loud. Cruel, but very, very funny. I 'ates football players, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment